We build the financial health of Americans by equipping youth and young adults to believe in themselves, navigate the financial decisions of adulthood, and achieve financial independence. Our innovative model--combining high-touch mentorship with high-tech digital tools--gets young people excited about making smart financial decisions and starts them down the path toward economic success.
Moneythink operates 26 volunteer chapters in 17 states across the country, since its inception in 2009 Moneythink has brought financial mentorship to over 12,000 low income young adults. Called “one of our nation’s best new ideas for social innovation,” by President Obama, Moneythink has been lauded as the emerging leader in youth financial education.
- Funders include: J.P. Morgan Chase, American Express, Citi Community Development, PIMCO, PwC, Ariel Investments, the Center for Financial Services Innovation, and more.
- Recognition includes: 2015 “20 Fintech Companies to Watch”, 2014 Echoing Green Finalist, 2013 Hitachi Foundation Winner, 2013 MassChallenge Winner, 2012 White House Champion of Change; also, our CEO was named to the 2015 Forbes 30 Under 30 list and appointed to the U.S. President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability for Young Americans.
About the Opportunity - Business Associate
To administer our technology and curriculum, we partner with leading nonprofits and schools to reach students at key inflection points in their financial lives: their first employment experience and the college application process. Our path to ultimate scale is contingent on our ability to develop and grow partnerships with other youth-serving institutions.
We’re seeking a Business Associate to own the seamless and successful implementation of Moneythink products at our partner organizations.
Your role will focus both on partnership strategy and product implementation.
You will manage the 360-degree relationships with our partner organizations. Everything from crafting memoranda of understanding and partnership agreements, to program orientation, training and launch, to tracking progress, addressing challenges, and correcting course along the way.
You’ll collaborate with internal team members from both our product and business development teams to design new processes, coordinate technology implementation, and ensure the success of our partners during each project--all to enable the delivery of high-impact tech-enhanced programs for our students.
You’ll be our partners’ go-to Moneythinker, giving them fast and supportive communication, technical support and troubleshooting, and solutions to challenges or concerns; at the same time, you’ll work internally with our team to ensure that relevant Moneythinkers are engaged in partnerships appropriately and that you’re equipped and informed to ask of partners what Moneythink needs. You’ll ensure we have a consistent high quality flow of feedback and market information from our partners, and then use that information to inform our strategy moving forward with that partner and with our overall partnership expansion strategy. You’ll take our partnerships to the next level--2.0--constantly thinking about and testing various ways we can creatively grow our relationships while remaining strategically aligned and true to our vision. There’s immense opportunity to create a vibrant community within our partners, and it will be your mission to strategically design and set the path forward to achieve this.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and develop contacts at potential partner organizations.
- Evaluate partnership opportunities and present recommendations for new partnerships to leadership.
- Develop strong relationships with individuals at all levels of our partner organization, including leadership, administrators, implementers, and broader stakeholders.
- Educate partners about our products. Provide the training and support for full quality implementation.
- Entrepreneurially identify partner implementation problems and quickly enact or propose solutions. Problem solve and find solutions to any questions or challenges throughout entirety of partnership.
- Collect partner insights by recording the circumstances and challenges of partners and their users.
- Build systems and processes to clearly organize and share partner insights with the product team. Set expectations with partners about the direction of Moneythink’s products and help them prepare for product updates. Design and implement new processes and operational guidelines for product implementation.
- Develop a vision and begin building a community of collaboration across Moneythink partners. This will strengthen our leadership and leverage our partners to move the whole industry forward.
Who You Are:
- A Driven Professional...with 3-7 years of experience in education technology, account management, business process analysis or related field.
- Experienced in an Education-related Field… Our partners are youth-serving nonprofits and schools. Understanding how they work – their operations, norms, culture, and perspectives -- is critical for running strong partnerships. Background as an educator is a plus!
- A Critical Thinker… You have the situational awareness and evaluative thought process to constantly be checking our work for holistic coherency. As a program implementer, you are the last team member to review our program plan before it out goes out the door, which means that your understanding of our work and our partners' environment enables you to be the champion who makes sure it all fits together.
- A Relationships Guru and Facilitator of Collaboration...You are naturally a people-person and have a genuine ability to earn trust quickly. You have significant customer service or client management experience, and it's not uncommon that some clients organically develop into friends. You understand the people’s motivations and are skilled at figuring out how to get diverse organizations to get to work together. You’ve shown an ability to build trust between organizations which has allowed you to orchestrate achievements that no organization accomplish alone.
- An Entrepreneurial Team Member ... Like any entrepreneur, you own your problem space. You’re constantly looking for ways for your domain to add to our mission and you’re always looking for more effective ways to collaborate with you teammates. You chart your own path to success, you create your own structure to keep yourself on track, and you’re comfortable adapting your plan within an environment of ambiguity.
- Tech Savvy...Technology fascinates you! Your curiosity leads you to intuitively navigate your way through any new device set in your hands. You believe in the power of technology to change lives--at scale.
- A Detailed-Oriented Planner… You’re proactive about documenting plans that are well thought out and easily accessible to all stakeholders involved.
- Highly Analytical...You’re naturally process-oriented and love developing effective systems. You’re comfortable with software consulting for a SaaS, edtech, or consulting company.
- Mission-Aligned...You are deeply passionate about our mission--and can articulate why. You believe in the power of financial capability and mentorship to build a better future.
Compensation and Office Location:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage partially company-funded for employees. Family coverage also available.
- Unlimited paid vacation.
- Flexible remote work policy.
- Budget for courses, conferences, and other professional development opportunities.
- Location: Moneythink’s Chicago or San Francisco office, with up to 25% work travel for partner management.
TO APPLY NOW, drop your resume on this page and stay tuned for further info.
TO EMAIL US ANY QUESTIONS, email us at talent[at]rework.jobs.