New Door Ventures (www.newdoor.org) prepares disconnected youth for work and life. We provide meaningful paid jobs, intensive case management, skill-building workshops and educational supports which enable our youth to discover and achieve their potential. We aim to transform individuals who will in turn transform their communities. We provide job internships through over forty partnering businesses and our two social enterprises, Ashbury Images and Pedal Revolution. Our ultimate goal is that New Door youth leave the path of disconnection and make a successful transition to an adulthood marked by sustained employment and positive engagement with their community. New Door’s annual operating budget is $7 million.
Ashbury Images (www.ashburyimages.org) is looking for an experienced professional with a passion to change lives while running a successful business. Ashbury provides printed and embroidered apparel and custom-designed promotional products for a wide range of clients across the country, including Habitat for Humanity, Safeway, Toys R Us and Sports Basement.
Ashbury isn’t just an ordinary screen printer. We are a $2.5 million social enterprise that provides jobs, training and support to disconnected youth ages 17-21. Ashbury Images is a strong, stable business with room to grow.
Reporting to the COO of New Door Ventures, the Director of Business Operations for Ashbury Images functions as the General Manager and is responsible for the leadership of Ashbury from a business and social outcome perspective. This includes P&L responsibility, sales leadership and execution, strategic planning, staff and operations management, and customer satisfaction. You will oversee Ashbury Images’ 20-person staff. In addition to internal resources, Ashbury Images receives additional accounting, human resources and marketing support from New Door Ventures’ staff.
- Demand Creation, Business Expansion and Strategic Partnerships
- Grow revenue through strategic leadership of the sales team and individual sales efforts.
- Establish and execute annual sales and marketing plan to grow business revenues and profits.
- Oversee sales, order administration and production teams to ensure a high level of satisfaction with current customers and to win new customers.
- Develop, maintain, and deepen relationships with strategic customers and referral partners.
- Expand capacity to operate customers’ online apparel stores and fulfillment operations.
Business Leadership, Growth & Administration
- Ensure teamwork and shared responsibility for social and business objectives.
- Lead system and staff growth to support anticipated growth in sales.
- Develop, recommend and secure approval for an annual budget (revenue and expenses).
- Develop and execute annual operating plan and goals.
- Monitor and improve operational efficiencies.
- Participate in the development of a 3-5 year strategic plan for Ashbury Images with the help of the COO and other New Door staff or consultants/volunteers.
- Ensure adherence to proper accounting, human resources and operating procedures.
- Ensure employee safety in a production environment.
Social Mission and Collaboration with New Door Ventures Team
- Ensure the achievement of Ashbury Images’ social mission goals in collaboration with New Door Ventures’ Youth Development staff.
- Ensure a supportive work environment for youth employees who work at Ashbury Images (as described by the New Door Ventures Program Implementation Manual), intentionally collaborating with New Door Ventures staff to that end.
- Support Ashbury Images’ and New Door Ventures’ involvement in the fields of social enterprise and youth development by hosting occasional tours and other activities.
- Collaborate with other New Door Ventures’ social enterprise managers on projects and to ensure consistent program implementation.
- Work with New Door Ventures’ Chief Development Officer and development team to support. fundraising efforts on behalf of Ashbury Images and New Door Ventures.
Staff Management and Development
- Develop staff capacity corresponding to organizational growth.
- Develop or maintain staffing plans, job descriptions and compensation plans annually .
- Ensure development of and adherence to New Door Ventures’ values in the Ashbury Images culture.
- 6-10 years of experience starting your own company, achieving sales goals, growing a small business, or other relevant experience.
- Commitment to the double bottom line of positive financial and social mission outcomes shared by New Door and Ashbury Images.
- Demonstrated leadership in goal achievement, staff development, team building and change management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills; demonstrated empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Comfort and experience working in a very fast paced, creative and dynamic work environment.
- Takes initiative to identify risks and issues; solves problems, soliciting input from others to arrive at optimal solutions; willingness to learn from data and from the experiences of others.
- Superior communication skills, including presentations, phone, and e-mail.
- Active listener who inspires trust and confidence from leaders and individual contributors
- Personal integrity, emotional maturity, and the ability to have fun.
READY TO APPLY?
Please complete the following application soon as we are reviewing on a rolling basis. First Deadline: Tuesday, April 4th. Top candidates who demonstrate proper qualifications for the role will be invited to submit supplemental information.
If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your application!